Friday, March 21, 2014

The Golden Sphere

"I'm as convinced as anyone that we can change the society to make it better, and my beef, actually, is with the tendency to imagine that things aren't as bad as they are, that we don't need to do the things that we need to do, that there's some magical intervention that's just across the horizon that will come and take care of all of our problems for us. [...] That's what I think is expressive of a real despair. When you think about it, that's kind of what religion is, right? You can't face the depth or the height of the challenge that confronts us, so you retreat to a fantasy world. And that's what I want to challenge, at least insofar as I'm talking to the left, or I'm trying to talk to the left." - Adolph Reed, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment